Our mission: to invent a better way of living. Founded in 1938 by two architects with a shared passion for ingenuity, diversity, and empathy, Cushing Terrell empowers its team members to discover imaginative, responsible, first-of-their-kind environments. By integrating architecture, engineering, and design, our knowledge-driven process opens doors for transformative thought and enhanced creativity.
We design systems and spaces that help people live their best lives, achieve their visions, and enjoy healthy, sustainable built environments. We find joy in uncovering thoughtful solutions for the people who work here, the people we work for, and the planet as a whole. Our broad range of specialized service offerings and global project locations make every day unique, and a love for exploring new frontiers is what keeps the pioneering spirit of our practice alive.
What We Do
Markets We Serve
Recognizing the impact development has on our world, Cushing Terrell is compelled to be a responsible steward of the environment, reducing our own footprint and that of our clients. This commitment to sustainable design and sustainable operations is reinforced through:
- Firm-wide Sustainable Design Initiative that aligns with the AIA Framework for Design Excellence and is applicable to all projects.
- SME Climate Commitment/UN Race to Zero Participant.
- Partner in the Material Bank carbon neutral sampling program.
- Green Advocacy Council to ensure sustainable thought, action, and education are embedded in our culture and work.
- Sustainable Policy Champions who support sustainability at the local level and host “green” design solution charrettes.
A Forever DEI Journey
Cushing Terrell is committed to pursuing, achieving, and preserving a culture that embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion – within our firm, partnerships, communities, and the places we design. We are invested in expanding awareness of different lived experiences, building capacity for understanding and mutual respect, and implementing practices that uphold our commitments.