Collaborative and Technology-Enabled
Much of our historic preservation work occurs in parallel with Cushing Terrell’s other disciplines. We collaborate with architects, building envelope specialists, structural and civil engineers, electrical and mechanical engineers, and interior designers to bring forward unique solutions specific to each project’s needs.
From ground-penetrating radar to 3D building scanning, advanced in-house technology solutions help us fully understand the project at hand. We constantly seek out opportunities to incorporate new technologies, testing, and computer modeling into the planning and documenting stages of our process.
We offer full architectural services for all phases of architectural and engineering projects including preservation, restoration, rehabilitation, adaptive reuse, reconstruction, and sensitive new contextual design. This includes:
- Historic resource review
- HABS/HAER documentation
- Section 106 and Section 110 compliance
- Historic preservation tax incentives
- National Register of Historic Places nominations
- Historic buildings surveys and assessments
- Architectural materials and paint analysis
- Master planning
- Building maintenance and long-range plans